About Me

My photo
West Hollywood, California, United States
Born and raised in New Jersey by my Irish Catholic mother and Jewish father. Oy vey! I have a twin brother and a younger brother. Just moved to Los Angeles after living in Boston for the past 10 years.

30 June, 2011

Biker Beware

While driving down Santa Monica Blvd today, I saw a parking spot about 100 feet ahead.  I put my blinker on and slowly pulled over to parallell park into the spot.  All of a sudden, I biker was knocking on my passenger side window and boom; over her handlebars she went.  Not sure of what to do, I put down the passenger's and yelled, " Are you Ok?". I guess I should have gotten out of the car.  Well, i then did the right thing and got out to check on her.  She kept repeating she was in the bike lane.  She had been in my blind spot when I started to pull over to get the parking spot.

A cop on his Vespa showed up to the scene.  He asked what happened, and she told the story.  She had seen me with my blinker on and starting to pull over so she braked to avoid an incident.  Thankfully she wasn't hurt.  I helped put her basket back on her bike, and off she went.  

No comments:

Post a Comment