About Me

My photo
West Hollywood, California, United States
Born and raised in New Jersey by my Irish Catholic mother and Jewish father. Oy vey! I have a twin brother and a younger brother. Just moved to Los Angeles after living in Boston for the past 10 years.

01 July, 2011

Life at Shady Pines



I started volunteering at an assisted living facility in Hollywood.  It is really nice and have all levels of care for it's residents. Some people are recovering from strokes and some are still working.  I help out with different functions they are having.  My first day was serving popcorn at the friends and family BBQ.  I met a wonderful woman, 99 years old and she is a pistol. (pictured with me) 

I also met a nice elderly man.  He told me I could be a jean model because i have a nice rear end.  He use to work in a print marketing which I can only imagine what that was "code" for.   He asked me to bring some pictures of myself the next time I was going to be there because he still knows a lot of people in the business.  Today I was there to help with their ice cream social, he asked in a very determined voice, "Scott, where are the pictures? I have work lined up for you!". I can only imagine what he had in mind with the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment