About Me

My photo
West Hollywood, California, United States
Born and raised in New Jersey by my Irish Catholic mother and Jewish father. Oy vey! I have a twin brother and a younger brother. Just moved to Los Angeles after living in Boston for the past 10 years.

08 July, 2011

Joan on the Rocks

Today while spending some time with the Kingsley residents, I met Joan, a lovely 94 year old lady. Joan's looks and personality remind me of my own grandmother a lot. She was born and raised in Los Angeles and use to act and model. I'm always surprised what I'm going to learn about the Kingsley residents. I now know she had a cesarean section with her son Grant. She told me that as a child, the kids would refer to Kingsley manor as the "Funny Farm". "Look where I am now", she then told me.

The rest of Joan's day consisted of taking a nap and then taking a pain pill before dinner; Scotch on the rocks. She's had a "pain pill" every day for the past 50 years.

2 comments:

  1. Did grandma act and model? I must have missed that. I thought she worked for the Insurance Department and was hit by a car being driven my Mayor Hague in Jersey City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unaware of this piece of knowledge. However, I meant more about her personality than her career choice.

    ReplyDelete